Doc Wayne is committed to creating impact through diversity, inclusion, and social justice. We are committed to providing a rich experience which promotes individual and team growth.
Doc Wayne is an award-winning non-profit that has pioneered the leading approach of sport-based therapy and catalyzed a mental health movement. We provide training, tools, and services that address emotional, behavioral, traumatic, racial, gender, and cultural-based barriers by providing equitable access to better mental health for all. Our clinician-led curricula puts sport into practice, strengthening social-emotional skills in young learners to build healthier, more resilient global communities.
Using a theoretical curriculum that incorporates social-emotional learning and life skills, we offer traditional outpatient therapy reimagined through the lens of sport. At Doc Wayne, staff are coaches. Our staff lead weekly sessions with 8-12 students, ages 5-18, designed to support them as they process and persevere through adversity. Over time, as individuals and in teams, they learn to heal together, grow together, and win together.
Interested in joining Team Doc Wayne?
Check out our current job openings:
Therapeutic Mentoring Program Manager
Therapeutic Mentoring Program Manager
Doc Wayne Youth Services is seeking to hire a Program Manager to oversee the daily operations of our Therapeutic Mentoring (TM) program. Reporting to the Program Director, the TM Program Manager will provide supervision to program staff and interns and be responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the therapeutic mentoring program. The Program Manager will be a driven and organized professional with exceptional time management and communication skills. This position is for a supportive and thoughtful individual who is passionate, intelligent, proactive, with strong interpersonal skills, and who is ready to aid our organization and strengthen our impact on youth across the region while finding ways to support our efforts for long-term sustainability. The salary range for this position is $55,000-65,000 per year.
- Oversight of Doc Wayne’s Therapeutic Mentoring program
- Coordinate all processes and systems related to the TM program including, but not limited to referral tracking, parent/guardian phone calls, waitlist management, data entry, and attendance at required MCE, SOC, and LOC meetings
- Supervise program staff and interns
- Build and maintain relationships with new and potential collaborative partners
- Serve as primary point person for collaborative partners by maintaining consistent contact and coordinating virtual and/or face-to-face meetings
- Provide weekly group supervision to TM staff members with support from Program Coordinators and the Program Director
- Troubleshoot challenges that occur related to service delivery and youth crises
- Assist with intern hiring processes and new team member training
- Conduct psychosocial assessments and intakes as needed
- Maintain individual, group, and/or family therapy caseload as assigned
- Provide support with referral processing
- Communicate challenges directly to program partners and identify solutions
- Provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training
- Advocate for the needs of staff and interns related to service delivery, training, or other areas of concern
- Embody Doc Wayne’s culture dedicated to authenticity, teamwork, cultural awareness, and innovation
- Work professionally and collaboratively with all partners
- Keep clinical records that are accurate, current, and meet regulations
- Support clinical audit process
- Refer and consult with supervisor about any person served who may need a different level of care, is inappropriate for current level of care, requires change or revision in treatment or service plan, or transfer to another agency
- Share creative ideas that advance the mission of Doc Wayne
- Support agency wide initiatives (ex: monitoring and evaluation efforts, etc.)
- License eligible or Licensed (LMHC, LICSW, LCSW)
- Previous experience supervising staff
- Strong working knowledge of the Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI)
- 2-5 years of clinical experience with at least 1 year of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of electronic medical records, billing, and contract-based work
- Multilingual speaking and writing capabilities (preferred)
- Experience working with DBT and/or trauma-sensitive models of care (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license/photo ID required and vehicle (preferred)
- CORI check
We are committed to providing a rich experience that promotes staff development as both individuals and professionals.
- Generous paid time off including 18 total Personal/Vacation days and 10 holidays with Personal/Vacation days increasing each year of employment to up to 30 days per year
- Medical insurance with up to 80% employer contribution
- Dental, life, short-term disability, and FSA plans
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Strong organizational culture dedicated to self-care and support
- Commitment to developing staff as leaders within the organization
- Opportunities for professional development and training
Doc Wayne is committed to creating impact through diversity, inclusion, and social justice. Valuing diverse experiences and innovative practices is crucial to furthering our mission. We encourage people to bring their full self to work and we take action should barriers to this arise. Members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions, and people with personal life experiences representative of the population we serve are strongly encouraged to apply. The interview process for all qualified individuals with disabilities will be equitable and reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate, will be provided. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation or to ask any questions.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line:
TM PROGRAM MANAGER. No calls please.
Our Interview Process:
Doc Wayne’s interview process is a chance for you to get to know our organization in a lowpressure setting. We hope that you as an applicant feel comfortable bringing your full self into an interview, so that we can get to know you and your interests. Our interview environment is friendly and open—we encourage applicants to ask questions and reach out with any concerns prior to, during, and after the interview.
Our typical process includes:
- A review of your submitted resume and cover letter
- 30-45 minute Zoom interview with members of the HR team
- Additional 45 minute to 1-hour interviews with hiring managers or team members who are directly connected to the role, if applicable
- CORI background check and reference check
- Additional tasks may be assigned as part of the interview process
We review every application and will send a confirmation when we have received your materials. Applicants are contacted within a few weeks if they meet the needs of our organization and the role. We make an effort to provide flexibility with scheduling of interviews in order to find a time that works best for our applicants. Our primary goal during the interview process is to be as transparent and open as possible
along the way. We will do our best to clearly communicate and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.