Run for Team Doc Wayne in the 2021 125th Boston Marathon®
Doc Wayne is proud to be an official Partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program
Be Part of Team Doc Wayne
You can be part of Team Doc Wayne in two ways:
1. In person event on Monday, Oct 11, 2021 – Fundraising commitment is $10,000. Registered qualified runners with their own bib are also encouraged to join our team.
2. Virtual event from Oct 8-10, 2021 – Fundraising commitment $500. All virtual runners must complete the virtual marathon within a 24-hour period.
MVP RUNNING EXPERIENCE WITH DOC WAYNE
What you receive for running on our team and supporting our mission:
• Full and personalized 20-week training plan for every level of running with organized group runs throughout the season through CharityTeams.com.
• Runners will receive fundraising support.
• Organized point to point long runs on the course with aid station support.
• Kickoff meeting and pre-race gathering providing COVID guidelines
• Official Team running singlet to wear race day.
• Race week festivities (If COVID permits)
• Unsurpassed team spirit, team organization and runner support.
• A positive life changing experience and memorable journey of running the 2021 Boston Marathon with Doc Wayne
BAA Covid Guidelines as of March 29, 2021.
Participants in the in-person 2021 Boston Marathon will have the opportunity to purchase registration insurance; additional details will be shared prior to registration in April.
Registration insurance will not be offered for the VIRTUAL 125th Boston Marathon.
Participants in the in-person race may be expected to produce up to two negative COVID-19 tests prior to Monday, October 11, regardless of vaccination status.
Official entrants will receive more information in the coming months on testing timelines and requirements.
All participants are expected to follow federal and state travel guidelines, including any and all pre-travel testing requirements and quarantine requirements that are in place at the time of the 125th Boston Marathon.
The B.A.A. will continue to follow the science and all developments related to COVID-19 and will modify the event plan as necessary.
For more information please contact Anna Villarreal at email@example.com
Quotes from last year’s runners:
“Sports saved me. Sports gave me a home and a community that didn’t involve bullying…DocWayne is doing everything that I wish I had as a child. I wish there wasn’t a stigma behind therapy and that therapy could have been combined with sports. The work Doc Wayne is doing is incredible.”
“The motto that I strive to live my life by is: ‘Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody” and hearing how the mission of Doc Wayne aligns with and reflects the core of how I want to approach life and my relationships truly enlivens my spirits.”