Clinical Game Changer (Clinician)
Boston, MA 02111
Salary: $42,000.00 to $47,000.00 /year
Doc Wayne is an award-winning non-profit headquartered in Boston. Using a theoretical curriculum that incorporates social-emotional learning and life skills, we offer traditional outpatient therapy reimagined through the lens of sport. Here, clinicians are coaches. Our staff lead weekly sessions with 8-12 students, ages 5-18, designed to support them as they process and persevere through adversity. Over time, as individuals and in teams, they learn to heal together, grow together, and win together.
Doc Wayne Youth Services is seeking masters level clinicians (licensed or license eligible) to provide high-quality clinical treatment in a thriving agency. Clinical Game Changers deliver group therapy to diverse populations within our Chalk Talk® sport-based (soccer, basketball, flag football, and indoor rowing) group therapy program treating approximately 400 children and adolescents per week. Services are delivered in a variety of settings including schools, community settings, and residential treatment centers in New England. Evening hour appointment availability and reliable transportation are required. Supervision towards licensure is provided.
· Provide group therapy (primarily DBT sport-based groups) to at-risk youth
· Conduct psychosocial assessments and intakes as needed
· Maintain individual and/or family therapy caseload as assigned
· Embody Doc Wayne’s culture dedicated to teamwork, cultural awareness, and innovation
· Work professionally and collaboratively with all partners
· Keep clinical records that are accurate, current, and meet regulations
· Refer and consult with supervisor about any person served who may need a different level of care, is inappropriate for current level of care, requires change or revision in treatment or service plan, or transfer to another agency
· Share creative ideas that advance the mission of Doc Wayne
· Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field
· Bilingual/multilingual skills (English/Spanish/Portuguese/Haitian Creole/Cape Verdean Creole highly preferred)
· Previous athletic/coaching experience
· Dynamic energy and belief in the power of sports to benefit children
· Team player dedicated to serving as a caring adult and role model to underserved youth
· Disposition towards school/community involvement and engagement
· Experience working with at-risk youth (experience working with traumatized youth preferred)
· Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task efficiently
· Ability to think out of the box, share ideas and get involved
· Support special projects as assigned
We are committed to providing a rich experience that promotes staff development as both individuals and professionals.
· Generous paid time off including 18 total Personal/Vacation days and 10 holidays with Personal/Vacation days increasing each year of employment to up to 30 days per year
· Medical insurance with up to 75% employer contribution
· Dental, life, short-term disability, and FSA plans
· 403(b) retirement plan
· Strong organizational culture dedicated to self-care and support
· Commitment to developing staff as leaders within the organization
· Opportunities for professional development and training
Email resume and cover letter. Please use subject line: CLINICAL GAME CHANGER APPLICATION. Doc Wayne is committed to creating impact through diversity, inclusion, and social justice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. People of color and people with personal life experiences representative of the population we serve are strongly encouraged to apply.