COVID-19: Doc Wayne Updates
Effective March 12, 2020 at 5PM: Temporary Suspension of Face-to-Face Programming. As the global impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve and affect each and every member of our community, Doc Wayne leadership has been meeting daily (virtually) to assess appropriate responses and next steps. The facts are changing every minute, but our top priority will always be the health and safety of the entire Doc Wayne community, including our youth, families, supporters, partners, and friends. At this time, and until further notice, Doc Wayne has suspended all face-to-face programming, but will continue to provide services remotely. Please see below for most the most up to date Doc Wayne news. We will be updating this page regularly. Thank you!
March 27th, 2020
Doc Wayne Gift Cards: To maintain human connection & promote mental wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic, Doc Wayne is now offering mental health gift cards. You can help a friend or loved one access virtual mental health support by purchasing a Doc Wayne Gift Card today. Click below to learn more!
Mental Health Services: Doc Wayne coaches are continuing to provide individual therapy and Therapeutic Mentoring sessions through virtual platforms. Support is available for people of all ages.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main line at 617.504.1284 if you have questions or are interested in making a referral.
To help manage your anxiety/stress during this pandemic, please reference the articles below:
March 18th, 2020
Mental Health & Trauma Support: Doc Wayne coaches are continuing to provide individual therapy services and Therapeutic Mentoring sessions through virtual platforms. All face-to-face programming is suspended until further notice.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact your coach/mentor directly, email email@example.com, or call our main line at 617.504.1284
- Our team is making calls to every family we serve to check in, provide COVID-19 updates, and share available resources
- We are now offering Telehealth, virtual therapy sessions to youth and their families, because we know many have a deep trust for their Doc Wayne coach and could use the support at this time
- We are expanding our Therapeutic Mentoring program by providing virtual sessions for our mentees, youth ages 5-18
- We plan to use our social media channels to engage kids, parents, caregivers and the broader community to offer suggestions for self-care, connection, and well-being while at home
- Information & Resources regarding COVID-19 from the Massachusetts Providers’ Council
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- WHO – Helping Children Cope with Stress During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Talking to Children About COVID-19
- Internet Essentials from Comcast
- Breakfast & Lunch for Boston Students
- Framingham Drive-Thru Meals
- Waltham Grab & Go Meals
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: Dial 800-273-8255
- Essential Community Services: Dial 211
- Boston Emergency Services Team (BEST): Dial 800-981-4357
- Spectrum is offering free internet service to those students without internet 1-844-488-8398
March 12th, 2020
March 12th, 2020 – Doc Wayne Youth Services has been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving public health situation in Massachusetts as well as the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MA DPH) regarding COVID-19.
Doc Wayne will be temporarily suspending all programs beginning at 5PM on March 12, 2020.
Our focus has always been and continues to be on the wellness and safety of our staff, youth and families, partners, stakeholders, and the broader community. As a team-oriented organization, we recognize that we have a role to play in keeping the larger community safe, healthy, and vibrant.
Doc Wayne takes our commitment to “Creating Champions” in our community seriously and considers it a great responsibility to partner with schools, community centers, and residential treatment centers. It’s with a heavy heart and a great deal of disappointment that we take these necessary steps. We continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates on an ongoing basis.
We acknowledge that while COVID-19 is a physical illness, it has significant mental health implications. The uncertainty can cause stress and anxiety among many individuals. As with any less than ideal situation, we ask for you to remain hopeful and optimistic about the bright future we have ahead.
While our face-to-face programming is suspended, we are working diligently to provide ongoing support to our Doc Wayne youth and families. Doc Wayne staff are also available over the phone or via video conference for the communities we serve. Please reach out to your child’s clinician, coach, or mentor, or to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive mental health guidance or services during this challenging time.
Thank you for your understanding and partnership as we navigate this uncharted territory together. Our team will greatly miss seeing our partners and our Doc Wayne athletes in our groups each and every day. We look forward to restarting programming and wish you health and happiness.
All My Best,
David S. Cohen, CEO